Monday, November 21, 2011

wanted

Andrew and Carissa have been waiting to bring their daughter Rinah home from Uganda. Finally it has happened so to celebrate family, here is a film they made and something Carissa wrote. You can find them here: www.andrewandcarissa.com

'it was rather like looking down from a high hill onto a rich, lovely plain...' csl

Every day we wake up feels like Christmas. I light a candle and open the cupboard, while tea water is boiling, to pick out my favorite tea cup. These simple things, they make me want to kiss something.

It's all I can do to be quiet in the morning and not purposefully wake Rinah up. I am the mother here, I shouldnt be the one waking up the jet lagged household.

Soon I hear stirrings, and the day begins. A day that feels so new. And here we are, a family, at last. After such a long time of waiting.

We made a film, and wanted to share it, to hopefully, somehow, show our gratefulness. maybe you will be able to see it through our faces, in our smiles, somewhere. We have felt your support, love, and encouragement. And those things have made this sweeter than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment