Tuesday, November 22, 2011

thanks giving

Dear Thanksgiving
This is from thxthxthx.com and discribes some of my feelings. Peach pie is probably my favorite dessert excluding chocolate.

Thanksgiving holds so many sweet, sweet memories for me.
Since we have no other family living in the great state of Alaska we spend it with friends. Our group has changed from different seasons of life. One thing we do with out fail every year is make little candy houses with frosting and gram-crackers, it is my favorite! Also we have the traditional Turkey feast, sledding, and football. If the Packers play then I actually watch, if they don't I half watch while reading.
My first memories are running around with my siblings, along with the Zufelts and Beesons, we would play sardines (opposite hide and go seek) and I rocked at it cause I was the youngest and tiny. My best year I hid for more than an hour, unfound, underneath a sewing table. That was the one thing I was better at.
Yankeys and Kauffmans were my nearest and dearest through Junior high and the first years of high school. One year Mr. Yankey, rather than sticking the gumdrops to a little cracker house he started glueing them with frosting to his head! Both families have moved away, they are missed during the festivities.
This year we are just having the Needhams but Ramsey and Fran make up their own little family and MY BROTHER is coming home!!!! I am super excited!

It is Happy Thanksgiving Time!!!! After that comes Christmas you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment