Saturday, March 19, 2011

lastweek...

Okay this is part of an email I sent to my parents about last week...

This week we are all about street evangelism, which I knew we were doing but it is a lot harder than I thought it was. Someone told me to just be myself however, if I was being myself I don't think I would be doing anything like going up to random strangers and talking to them. It is really interesting to try to show your love in 2-5 minutes. So what we have been up to is this... We are currently with 2 other teams from Norway, another DTS group who is almost done with their outreach and a group of 3 evangelists from the School of Evangelism. We meet 2 times a day from 3-6 and 7-10. We have gone, 3 times. On Tuesday we went twice but we are going once a day now. I have sang all three times and talk to a few people, invited them to an event on Saturday. The plan is to sing and entertain and then other people from the teams can talk to the people who stop and hopefully everybody who hears will be blessed. We have gotten to talk to a lot of people because of it but it is really hard sometimes I feel like I am singing to a lifeless brick wall but sometimes it is really fun and then you see a conversation start up and it is fantastic. I am all over the place!
We are staying all together on the floor of an old smelly YMCA, it is pretty funny, gross, but really fun. I am really enjoying family style, small meals! Tonight I am making some chicken. That should be good!
I am loving a lot and some much stuff is hard. Some other really good things: I think God is stretching, pulling, and growing me, it is super fun to go to the store and see normal prices! Yesterday, I went to the store and bought some German Purple Cow chocolate! Yum. 1 euro. I get to teach about art evangelism and encouragement on Saturday! We don't really know if anybody is going to come but then I think we would still do it! haha practice! We are right in the city! we get to see amazingly old beautiful buildings every time we take the train some place, castles and cathedrals. Public transportation has been really fun to take around. I am having a lot of fun with my team mates.
Next week we are moving out and off the floor of the YMCA, into a really great YWAM building. I can't get any alone time here but in a week I can get a lot. Being an Alaskan girl or maybe just my independence makes me really hate the buddy system!
...

Okay, so the event went really good! I think maybe 20 or more people that were invited came and then the church people brought friends, so it was a full house. Some people gave their lives to Jesus and made church connections. Alida and I performed 3 songs, which is on tape, I will give you a link once the church puts it up.
Our team is now moved an hour out of Vienna, and I sleep in a bed!!! yeah, we are staying at a building YWAM is renting, it is really nice and big. Tonight we are helping at a youth group and tomorrow we will be hanging out with former homeless people and doing a service for them, which we prepared yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment