Saturday, December 11, 2010

I eat the world.

I eat the world for breakfast,
each and everyday.
I eat the pieces that I like,
then throw the rest away.
Five minutes spent on Celiene Dion's twins,
Two on flu shots for my own kids.
Barbie has a web cam! What an outrage!
Haiti has problems, I'll eat that another day.
Consume, Consume, Consume,
I need the world to affirm me.
Give me something to talk about.
Give me a quick snack.
Give me entertainment.
Tell me what to wear, what to say, how to act.
I am desensitized to what I need to hear,
I am captured and pushed by fear.
What is going on?
All these things are disconnected.
What ever happened to the miners in New Zealand? How are they doing now?
Tell me a story with a beginning and an end.
Is the world bigger than my neighborhood?
There is so much to digest. Seven different stories making me depressed.
This is too much for me to swallow.
I eat the world for breakfast each and everyday.
I eat the pieces that I like then through the rest away.

This is a dramatic reading that I wrote with Wendi, Caroline, Aubrey, and Alida. They eat a paper world while I read this "dramatic reading". This assignment was given to groups on Thursday durning teaching. We were to make a piece of art in groups about the media and what we see in the news. I wish I had it on video because it turned out really well. believe it or not...
I adapted it into a really sassy song... maybe you will hear it sometime!! :D
Have a lovely day, it is the holidays! woot woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment