Wednesday, November 17, 2010

making art.

This week we have these fabulous teachers Dave and Marlene from the 2nd largest state in the U.S. of A.
They are teaching on "Art and Artists in God's Perspective", wowsa! Really good stuff.
Today, I have been working on an assignment they gave on Tuesday: to make a piece of physical art (no songs, dances, or movies), about something in our life that we need to let go, a hurt in our life that we want to be redeemed, thus the name: redemptive art.
So work, work, work... my main challenge is my materials are EXTREMELY limited to paint, newspaper, anything I can recycle. Here I am holding a newspaper/tape heart!
Here are somethings that I want to highlight from the last two days of teaching.
For the Artist:
-Regardless of how you feel about your story, it doesn't lessen your value.
- Everyone is creative, it just depends on how much or how little we tap into our creativity. That doesn't mean everyone can paint amazing portraits but it means the mind is imaginative and acts on it.
-Why is it that when you ask a class of 6 year olds if they can draw, all of them will raise their hands, but if you switch the audience to 12 years maybe 1 will raise there hand? What squashes our creativity and confidence????
- God is the epitome of creativity. He is the only one who has made something out of nothing, we just take stuff them make something out of it.
- Arts can go past the intellect into the heart.
- Do you know the original Artist well enough to reflect his story in your art?
Today we studied the story of Nehemiah, and the steps he took to follow God, then we related these steps to following him in our lives, whether it be art or whatever, stepping out in faith. and I could go on and on and on and on and on and on. But I won't.

mucho loves.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Sadie! Sounds like God is teaching you so much, and that makes my heart happy!:) I don't check in on you nearly as much as I want to....just get busy, but I love hearing about all you are learning! Thanks for sharing! Miss you!Loves!

    ReplyDelete