Thursday, November 11, 2010

catch up. for me and for you. :)



So these are pictures of last week.
This is Raya, my first teacher, and her husband Rudi. He is a famous singer/songwriter in Norway. They were pretty fantastic.








Cher hanging out doing lighting.
I hate lighting, it is super tedious, however, if you don't have your lighting right your video will suck. Even if every other piece is right. So I am hoping that somehow lighting will become something I take delight in.







This is Roberto from Colombia, super passionate about film (when someone is passionate about what they are teaching they are much easier to listen to...)










But anyways, this week I am on Mini Outreach at a extreme sport school. It is a one year program, Norwegians are big into taking a year off. I have been pretty miserable, reaching out to a bunch of too cool snowboarders that are 19 and 20 isn't my favorite way to serve. Give some little kids or a chore and I am a happy camper. But God didn't call us to do what feels safest.
I have been sooo uncomfortable, never in my life have I met such a cold audience but something kinda cool happened. Tonight, I talked in a meeting called "Pit Stop" (goodness gracious sakes alive! that name irks me) but anyways, this was quite the challenge but I feel like as I was vulnerable they changed a little bit. I could relate to them just a little bit better and that made these past days all worth it, cause they heard me.
I still can't wait to be home on Sunday. :)
Pray for the youth of Norway, apathy is a pretty powerful thing.

misses and loves.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone, and becoming vulnerable. That's a very hard thing to do. Thanks for letting God use you, Sadie. You are awesome! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Jill!
    Thanks for the feed back! I love hearing from you.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete