Sunday, February 19, 2012

notebooks.

I have a zillion notebooks.
As a little girl I was obsessed with notebooks, I had a one or two for every activity I have done; music lessons, summer camp, running journal, flight hours, plus journaling for every stage of life and school notebooks. There was also just pretty notepads that I bought or was given, with so much paper readily available I never managed to fill these completely full with words or pictures so many went to waste. I have kept some of these over the years, mostly journals, and now as I pack up my room I have found 17 that I want to keep.
They start with my first diary, one with a lock and a key. I begged my mama to buy it for me even though I couldn't yet write. I got it as a reward! The first inscription is written by my mother as if she were me.
August 6th, 1997
I had such good self-control that my mom gave me this diary for a surprise. yippee!
Then underneath in big, uneven letters I wrote: I love you with a heart.
The next pages include hearts, scribbles, fake cursive, and letters from my sister. The rest of the 200 pages are pretty much blank except for a few pages with random words that I was learning to spell. But the best part is there are about 10 pages where I actually wrote something. My personal favorite is this.
Monday, 4-24-00
Nicky & Ramsey are the wirst babbie stirs.

That says "worst baby sitters."


Now I shall go back to boxing things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment