Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lars.



That boy, he is my brother. He is an unusual one, but not in obvious ways. He dresses pretty cool but not in a stand out way. He is smart but not your obvious nerd. He is friendly and socially perfect, not loud or quiet. If you met him you would like him, you wouldn't call him weird but I am his sister and I know better.
He is an artist, he can build things, draw things, and know if it is brilliant or awful. But the peculiarity I would like to highlight today is the fact that he can sew. I am not sure when it started but I do recall him fashioning capes and satchels out of fake leather for treks in the woods to middle earth as a boy. Today the fake swords and cheap fake leather Lord of the Rings inspired accessories are gone but the skills remain. Today he is wearing sweatpants with a geometrical pocket that he made and I am the owner of a new fleece lined headband. Thanks Lars, I like you.

I leave you with this terribly awkward photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment