Sunday, January 8, 2012

food swings.

(like my cheese ball title?)

"I am sorry I spoke unkind words out of hunger." -Unknown

Yesterday, my favorite customer came in, she was in a big hurry and was a fraction less polite then usual. She skipped the "How are you doing, honey?" and went straight to, "I really need two bowls of soup, right away, because my daughters blood sugar is down and having a total melt down." Sure enough, in walks a young girl, red faced and miserable with tear streaming down her face. This is nothing good food couldn't handle because fifteen minutes, soup and a piece of pie later she was smiling.
I can identify with this completely. When I was young and competing I recall coming home after a two and a half hour practice and bursting into tears while waiting ten minutes for dinner to be ready. Or after church, my parents would be the last ones to leave because they could talk for hours and we would sneak into the nursery and steal the goldfish and animal crackers. As my sisters best friends said on one of these Sunday afternoons, "I'm so hungry I could cry." Thank goodness that with age come self control and I don't have to become an emotional time bomb when I miss my regular feeding.
Food still effects my mood immensely, I know this to be true because when I am having a not so cheery day my coworkers insist I make the cookie dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment