Tuesday, October 4, 2011

to be named.

I have always wondered what it would be like to choose a name for a child. It must be hard, thinking of some sounds to put together that will follow this bundle of joy for the rest of their life. When I went through my hippie stage I was convinced that Oceanna was the most beautiful name (okay, so I still like it) but now I am not so sure it would make it on my top ten for baby names. As a little girl I always wondered about my name, my parents really had no basis for liking the name Sadie. As I grew older I learned lots of people liked that name, however, they choose it not for their little human girl but for the dog and cat variety.
All this to say, I have to choose a name and it is hard.
Recently, while visiting Ă…lesund, Norway, I recorded a song in the studio. Just one song, but still it is enough basis to have a page on the internet dedicated to my music in hopes that someday one will turn into some. The name Sadie is already taken in the music world twice over so I had to get creative. I have a spread sheet full of my favorite things, various Norsk words, and other musings. When I liked this one I typed it nice a big, cause it has to look good too. This is my favorite so far, but the jury is still out.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. What does it mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Min in Norwegian means my.
    Floret is an English word and it is one of the little flowers that makes up a bigger flower.

    ReplyDelete