Sunday, October 30, 2011

abnormal

I was talking with a dear friend last week and she reminded me of my 17 year old self and the hopes to work at Mat-Su Regional Hospital. I had my life planned out. I would become a nurse, live in the valley, and hopefully have a happy Alaskan family that went on weekly adventures in the forest. It was a good plan, everyone who asked what I was doing would nod and talk about the great benefits of being a nurse. It was practical.
I had forgotten those dreams completely. When that is what I aspired to my world was so much smaller, my imagination and expectations were limited. Since letting God have my plans and falling free, I see that I was not made to live a cookie cutter life.
Sometimes I look at those goals and want them back because the uncertainty gets the best of me. I look at my siblings and friends and want their degrees, to be normal just for a couple years. But I would never trade in my travels, friends, experiences, or rough weeks, missing too many people to count, and feelings of "Where do I belong?" for a state side college degree and security.

No comments:

Post a Comment