Sunday, July 10, 2011

plural.

We can not serve both God and money.
Stated, right there in front of us however most of us attempt to do this very thing. Isn't this the story of the American church? No wonder the church shows little signs of generosity and community. I am being general and vague but when Jesus said to clothe the poor he didn't say other people do it, he told us to. What is money to him? Can't he tell a disciple to go catch a fish and he will find money there!
My mind won't shut this off! I can see it everywhere and yet look at me sitting in my large room with my mac book. I am part of this scary cycle. Lucky for me I don't feel quite as tied to the security of money as I was a year ago and generosity and hospitality is becoming more apart of my nature.
So here is to the pondering of a big huge scary problem, to the future of making a difference and giving more, and to finding community where the big empty houses rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment