Wednesday, February 2, 2011

fear.

This week we are learning about "living from the heart"
We have this really awesome teacher, an old rock star who love love loves Jesus.
I can't really explain right now, cause it isn't really a teaching, it is more like an old dude loving on us, singing to us, praying for us, and telling story after story of God's faithfulness. I need some processing I guess. I feel kind of overwhelmed and tired, so this weekend will be a lot of much needed processing time. Today I put a shirt on inside out, then backwards before I got the hang of it... so if none of this make sense then I guess it is just for me.
Some spoken word.

How many times has the fear of man held me back?
Who is man to tell me what I am worth?
Who is man to make me feel the way I do?
Can they give me the love I am seeking for?
Can they give me the consistency that I desire?
No.
Man has only put me in box, after box, after box.

I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
My song, my dance, my love is all for my father.
But my fear of what man might think has stifled my song, restrained my dance, and made my love feel like a religious freak.

Fear now holds everything,
my future is predicted by its clenching teeth,
even my God is limited by its hold on me.

This must end.

No comments:

Post a Comment