Friday, December 3, 2010

Shooting Dancin'


I realized today that I forgot to tell you about our shoot last weekend! We shot the dance video!!! On Friday, we went to our location which was an old farm right on the coast. But the dancers froze there butts off and we didn't even get a whole take of the dance. So we scrapped that plan and went home, deciding to make due with shooting in a church.
lucky for us, this church has an emphasis in youth ministries and has a skate park basement complete with graffiti. SUPER!
It was a good experience, I got to practice framing, communication, and how exhausting it can be. The hard part about film is even if you have everything right, the viewers often only see the people on film therefore the film crew is completely dependent on others' performances. The dancers did a really good job and were super fun but they only had the dance for a week so we had to do a lot of takes and didn't get to do all the artistic shots we were hoping for. None the less this will be FANTASTIC, pretty sure. :)
The clips look really pretty on the screen, the colors are excellent but we haven't started editing. I will show you when it is done.
Cher directed and I was the camera girl. But Cher and I flip flopped rolls a lot... I think that is good when you can work together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment