Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mornings.

Painted hands are beautiful hands.
Attempting to be moose...

I thought I would tell you a little more about my weekday mornings, just to give you a little more info on my life.
So there are a few variations but this is pretty much it. and I love it.

7:00- wake up and go eat breakfast and make my lunch pack
7:15- get ready
7:30- every other week I wash the breakfast dishes...so on my off weeks I make some phone calls to Alaska where everyone is getting ready for bed.
8:00- devos
9:00-10:00... Okay, this is the part that I want to write about. It is just the most fantastic thing.
Monday & Friday- one of the students gives a short devotion and we have student/staff lead worship
Tuesday- Student/Staff lead prayer
Wednesday- Family time. This is when the staff couples come hangout and play games with us. So far we have had a choir show, ski jumped on the Wii, made sculptures...
Thursday- we have group prayer, with the same people each week

Worship and prayer times here don't just include standing and singing, often we can paint and dance too. These pictures are me, Aubrey and Katie after we painted prayers for mini outreach. Which speaking of mini outreach, I'll tell you about it. Each of the different tracks (dance, music, film, fine art) go to different surrounding towns, to schools and churches and use arts to evangelise and also do practical serving for one week. So we leave on Tuesday. :)
We don't yet know fully what we will be doing but I know we get to teach two video classes and have a worship night in a one year extreme sport school for kids who just graduated high school.

loves. misses.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment