Sunday, September 12, 2010

new home.

Last night: I made it to Norway after 5 flights! I met 3 girls on the way on being my wonderful room mate Katie. (Sadie & Katie cute I know!) All went well until we missed the bus we were supposed to get on. We thought it was the wrong one and we were waiting for the next one. Turns out it was the last bus going to the right place and the phone number we had didn't help either. The airport closed and we got kicked out on the side walk after the security guard called us a taxi. After standing on the sidewalk in the rainy night for fifteen minutes, the taxi came and brought us to the base. :) So we made it!!!!! yeah!
Today: I slept till twelve and then met every body, including my second room mate Benadikta from Norway! I am having fun already. It was super chill cause not everyone got here till this evening. I went on 2 walks, and mostly just hung out. It is beautiful here, the mountains and ocean are so near. The base is lovely, all wood floors, and the girls bathroom newly remodeled! My room is TINY!!!!!!! and there are 3 of us but it is kinda cosy.
We had the opening chapel tonight and the worship was incredible! I also got to hear a Norwegian folk hymn by our DTS creative leaders, it was incredible.
Pictures to come. :)
mucho.loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment